As a buyer, it can be hard to remember the content we’ve read vs. the things that are new to us. With the Content History app, you can make it easy, by allowing them to filter Streams and only see the content they haven’t read yet.
- Ability to choose specific Streams to activate this feature on
- Allow visitors to sort content by “New”, “Viewed”, and “All” content
- Set a minimum viewing duration before an item is considered “Viewed”
- Add custom styling to active or focused content tiles
Before You Begin
- If your Hub uses Front End V2, you must also install the Compatibility Pack to use this app. If you are not sure if your Hub uses Front End V2, see this article for help.
You can configure settings for this app at both the account level and the Hub level:
- Settings at the account level will apply across all Hubs within your Uberflip account
- Settings at the Hub level will apply to that Hub only, and will override any existing account level settings for that Hub.
For instructions on how to configure account level and Hub level settings for Uberflip Marketplace apps, see this help article.
You can configure the following settings for this app at both levels:
Use this field to specify the Streams that this app will apply to. If no Streams are specified, the app will be active on all Streams in the Hub.
To add a Stream, type in its Stream ID. Add multiple Streams by separating Stream IDs with commas.
To find a Stream ID, go to Hubs > Content > Streams tab, click on the Stream, then click on the Metadata tab. The Stream’s Stream ID is listed near the bottom.
'New' Tab Label
Use this setting to customize the label of the tab that highlights unread Items when selected. If nothing is entered, the default label used is “New”.
'Viewed' Tab Label
Use this setting to customize the label of the tab that highlights read Items when selected. If nothing is entered, the default label used is “Viewed”.
'All' Tab Label
Use this setting to customize the label of the tab that highlights all Items when selected (no Items grayed out). If nothing is entered, the default label used is “All”.
Minimum Viewing Seconds
Use this setting to to define how long a visitor must spend viewing an Item in the Stream before it is marked as “viewed” (and therefore grayed out when the ‘New’ tab is clicked). If nothing is entered, the default duration is 5 seconds.
Advanced Styling Settings
There are two advanced settings that allow you to modify the appearance of the muted (grayed out) and active (highlighted) Item tiles:
- Additional CSS Style for muted or unfocused tiles
- Additional CSS Style for active or focused tiles
To use these settings, simply enter your desired custom CSS into the fields provided.
Note: For each additional style you add for one type of Item tile (muted or active), you must add a corresponding style in the other type. For example, if you add the display property to the muted tiles style (e.g. display:none), then you must add a corresponding display property to the active tile style (e.g. display:block).